Spring Break is getting to the point where we are almost able to use the words, “Around the corner.” I think we who have experienced this Polar Vortex this year are ready to get away as soon as they humanly can.
Whenever you are able to get away and escape from this repugnant weather, here are some tips so you can get by as smoothly and stylishly as possible.
1. Don’t look like a tourist/traveller: Sometimes it can be a bit too obvious that you’re from Buffalo, NY when you end up in tropical climate areas. You are the one wearing shorts and a tank top on 60 degree days. My advice is to pack for cooler days as well. Southern states have been experiencing more cold weather this winter, so don’t look like a shmuck. Wear pants when needed or throw on that sweater to be nice and comfortable.
2. Swim Wear: Swim wear has evolved for men (stylish men). We have stolen roots from the Euro-style and it makes sense. The drawn-out knee-length (or below-the-knee length) board shorts have lost their lust. Stylish men are now wearing shorts that are hemmed up a bit higher and show off some thigh. It’s time for you to not look so ridiculous when you are naked and to have a little more tan to those chicken legs.
3. Pack a nautical sweater: Hopefully you will find yourself at or near a beach. In this case, the striped sweater is a stylish and appropriate item. Make it a light and breathable sweater so you can wear it with no undershirt or even wear it with your swim shorts.
4. Take Advantage of the Fact That No One Knows You There: This is one major opportunity where you have the luxury of dressing however you want to dress. Too insecure to wear your trendy new gear in the suburbs of Clarence?? No problem. Dress the way you see the celebs dress, the way style magazines promote, and the way you’re too worried about how judged you would get back home.
5. Cut Your Toe Nails: Seriously. As men, it’s something we pretty much forget to do until our big toe nails get caught on our blankets, socks, and pants. Get rid of the nasty big toe nails before someone spots them.
6. SPF Moisturizer: Skin care is a big issue now days. Don’t go fry yourself at the first sight of the sun. Wear at least SPF 15 on your face and sensitive skin spots. It’ll keep you looking younger, longer.
7. Utilize the casual undershirt: Suits aren’t just meant for button downs underneath. Wear that henley shirt your wore to the beach under a sport coat out to dinner one night. Maybe with a piece of jewelry around your neck and a solid pair of chinos.
8. Find Hot and Trendy Spots: Whether it’s secluded beaches or hip restaurants, find some fun stuff.