I almost wanted to title this 11 Ways to Dress Like a Bro, to let people know that the word bro has changed. No longer is a bro the quintessential college douche bag bragging about his over-hyped conquests and dressing like Justin Bieber. A bro has developed into a man. Somewhat of a man-bro. So next time you call someone a bro, be sure he meets the qualifications of this post:
1. Suit Tailoring- Oversized suits are as bad looking as as shredded jean shorts. Don’t wear them. Relate back to: https://jnormanpost.com/2012/09/07/how-to-size-your-suit-the-guide-to-a-proper-tailoring/.
2. Buy Yourself a Real Pair of Dress Shoes- Throw out your square toed kicks from high school and man the EFF up. Purchase a solid pair of wingtips or nice leather (pointed) shoes.
3. No White Socks!!- I don’t even let myself wear white ankle socks anymore. Throw them out and step up your sock game.
4. Know when to wear shorts- Shorts are not always your best look. Keep that in mind. Wear them seldom when dressing up.
5. Buy slim-fitting dress shirts- Swimming in your dress shirts is about as bad a look as it gets. Buy them by your collar and sleeve sizes and get them slim fit!
6. Don’t match your pocket squares to your ties- Usually when you buy a tie/pocket square combo, they suck, because they match. Do yourself a favor and never plan on wearing that tie with that square ever!
7. Own a tux or have one at your readiest availability- You never know when you’ll spontaneously be invited to a black tie event. Do it right with a tux and a bow tie. 8. Know how to tie a bow tie: It’s a cool thing to wear a real bow tie and it’s even cooler to tie it up yourself.9. Cuffs are for gentlemen- People recognize them. Wear them when you have the opportunity.10. Get a big boy haircut: Follow the styles of Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, and shows like Mad Men and Magic City.
11. Wear your shades like a boss- Like so