- A man’s cuffs should extend about a half inch from the sleeves of his jacket.
- Some people believe your cuff links should remain hidden under your jacket unless you are extending a handshake. I am not one of those people. Why wear cuffs if people can’t see them. Show em’ off and pull your sleeves down a little more than a half inch at those times.
- There are roughly four types of cuffs on button down shirts:
- Barrel cuff: The most standard of cuffs which normally has two buttons at the cuff and one hole for the button (for tightness of sleeve).
French Cuff: A cuff that has a double fold fabric and needs cuff links to fasten the cuffs together.
- Oxford Cloth: Cotton fabric woven into the cuff. Often seen in casual dress shirts.
- Pinpoint Oxford: Used most often on very formal shirts, a light thread, tightly-woven, with smooth, cotton fabric.