Proper etiquette and mannerism is important regardless of where you are. Whether your mother has just spoiled you at Christmas time or you are being served by a waitress who just got dumped by her boyfriend of 5 years, saying things like, “Please” and “Thank you” are simple gestures that go a long way.
Today’s Tip of the Day: Do not forget your mannerism wherever you are:
- Say “Please” and “Thank you” often
- Accept a compliment graciously, not cockily
- Greet people often and with a smile
- Say “Excuse me” when needing people to move or when budding into a conversation
- Apologize when necessary. Don’t force people to make you say sorry
- Pay compliments to people- Don’t kiss ass too much, but let people know when they look good or have gotten the job done well