The Christmas season is in full effect and you should be doing more than putting a list together for Santa. Today’s Tip of the Day: Perform a good deed or good deeds before Christmas Day is upon us. There are many people out there who are unfortunate to the point that a single present for their children or loved ones is simply out of the question. Don’t just read this and say, “Yeah yeah,” and move on with your life. Rather, read this and let it affect you the right way. Here are some ways to make a difference before this Christmas:
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Donate a gift or gifts to a charity or to a family that is in need
- Gather up old clothes that do not fit or that you do not wear and donate them to some sort of shelter or GoodWill
- Perform a random act of kindness- Buy someone their lunch, feed the homeless, etc
- Donate money to your local Church, foundation, or wherever, knowing it will go to a good cause
Good deeds and kind acts are pick-me-ups. You’d be surprised how much better you will feel about yourself when you tend to the needs of those that are in need.