This is a post that I plan on breaking down into several articles, so please, check for more on our category column and see what advice we have for you.
Feeling blue, unhappy, unsatisfied, or any other synonymous term? I’m going to help you through it in all natural ways that you will find beneficial beyond belief. You’ve got to commit to these things and we can work together to keep your mind and body healthy and happy. Follow me…
Laugh. Laugh a lot. Laugh out loud. Laugh to yourself. Laugh at yourself. A good dose of laughter is more than the Doctor ordered. Remember the Prank Article? Put yourself in situations that will bring about your most childish side. Download the apps “Fat Booth” or “Face Juggler” and I guarantee a few smiles. Instead of watching that mind twisting, suspense film, throw on a film that you know is bound to crack a smile. I have got a list of several. Here are a few of my secrets… I LOVE animated Pixar/Disney films.
- Up– Up is my all-time favorite movie. It makes me laugh and smile like other movies cannot.
- Family Guy– It will always be on my list of Top 3 shows.
- Hot Tub Time Machine– Women beware; it’s definitely more pleasing to men. Despite the title, you will laugh. If you haven’t given it a try, do it.
- Crazy Stupid Love– I’ve watched it 20 plus times I’d say and will not slow that pace. It’s great.
- Wedding Crashers– Everyone’s seen it. Everyone’s loved it.
Don’t seclude yourself when you are feeling unhappy. I know it may seem helpful at times, and it’s what you may want to do, but put yourself around your closest friends. Tell stories of your younger days and remind yourself of the things that had once brought cheerful times to your life. It’s really important to use your friends the way they’re supposed to be used… For laughs!
Limit your destructive behaviors. If you’re a big drinker,find a way to introduce yourself to moderation. If you are into the drug scene, find a way out. If you’re a smoker, limit what, and the amount, that you smoke, and eventually quit. The easiest way to do these things is to find replacements where these unhealthy habits used to take place. I have several:
- Become a Health Nut- This does not mean you have to be weirdly and overly healthy, but that you should find healthier alternatives to the everyday tasks you are regularly performing. Be more conscious of what you buy at the grocery store, be aware of the benefits of sleep, pay attention to the perks of eating right, work out in your spare time, and things similar to these routines.
- Take Natural Supplements– Sometimes multi-vitamins have an overload of what the body needs. Instead take one Flinstones Kids or Wegman’s Kids vitamin every morning with food. Also try to include some kind of Omega-3 Fish Oil. Omega 3 Fatty Acids have enormous perks to the brain and boost mental health.
- Eat Right– I know I mentioned it in the ‘Health Nut’ aspect, but eating right is so important. Your body runs off of what you put in it. Be sure to give it healthy and happy foods. I say happy foods, because some foods can actually improve moods, metabolisms and more. Check out future posts to see lists of “Super Foods” and more that will keep your mind and body happy and healthy.