There are several ways to perfect your appearance at a bar while, also several ways to make a fool of yourself at a bar. Today we are going to discuss what to order at a bar that can give you the smooth and sleek appearance you are hoping for.
We’re going to assume that you are not out at a bar that your 14-year-old sister can get in to. Let’s make it that elegant atmosphere that you go to, to try and pick up a classy woman. It’s chill, the music is at a moderate level, the crowd is sophisticated and well dressed, and you want to fit right in. Find a spot at the bar and impress the bartender.
- Manhattan– It’s bold, it’s strong it’s dark. A Manhattan is a safe drink wherever you may be. The drink is more or less a mix of Vermouth and Whiskey. You can put twists on it with Southern Comfort or add in splashes of other flavors.
- Dirty Martini– It doesn’t get much more seductive than this. A dirty martini is a very unisex drink. It looks sexy in the hand of a man or woman. Give it a whirl and avoid the fruity sugary stuff that most martinis consist of. Vodka, olive juice, and an olive put together this simple, sexy cocktail.
- Wine- Specifically, I’d say go with a red if you’re going to go for the sexy appeal. Something about the color red gives off a seductive vibe that catches women’s eyes. I’d go with a Pinot Noir of some sort. It’s lighter and less likely to stain your teeth than that of a Cabernet or Merlot. You can go with a white wine as well. That is a choice of your preference. I’d say go for a crisp, buttery Chardonnay or a Pinot Grigio. One important thing about drinking wine is THE WAY YOU HOLD THE GLASS. Gripping the glass around the fat part of the glass is not only unattractive, but it screams inelegancy and alcoholism. It says, “I don’t care what I’m drinking, I’m just looking forward to my next.” Be classy and hold the glass by the stem or at the very base of the glass itself (where the wine is held).
- ANYTHING on the Rocks- Whether you are a Gin, Whiskey, or Vodka drinker, they all look great on the rocks. The key to the total look: ASK FOR A ROCKS GLASS. If you’re at a nice bar in the first place, this shouldn’t be a worry to begin with, but there is no less appealing thing for a bartender to do than ruin a good looking drink by putting it in a tall glass. If they put it in anything plastic, I suggest you run out the door. Not big on liquor on the rocks? Ask the bartender to add some water to it.
- Tom Collins- I say “Tom Collins” with a very open mind to this number 5. When you order a drink with carbonation, I feel it should be clear to throw in the sex appeal. With a Rum and Coke, it just looks like you’re drinking pop. With a Tom Collins, Gin and Tonic, or whatever similar combination you decide on, you can throw in a lime or an orange peel and it gives it a little extra flare. Remember to keep it in a Rocks Glass. The key to a carbonated drink for a man is to avoid colorful liquid combinations. Examples: Cranberry juice, orange juice, pineapple juice. Any of those juices gives a feminine look to the drink and immediately downgrades the manliness in your hand.